When Watching Reality TV Starts to Influence the Way You Dress

I've been obsessed with reality TV since I was little. We grew up in a time where reality TV just absolutely exploded. American Idol, Survivor, The Simple Life... These shows were seriously my childhood. I'll never forget the first reality show I really became obsessed with, Laguna Beach. I remember being like 10 years old watching that show and seeing how all the girls wore their hair and wanting to be like them so bad so I went up to my mom's bathroom, got out her flatiron, and straightened my curly hair to a crisp... I literally felt like Kristin Cavalleri.

People love to knock reality TV and I'll be the first to admit it can be so stupid sometimes. It's trashy, it's sometimes staged, and it's totally overdramatic. But with these ugly qualities aside, reality tv is beyond entertaining. It's always served as an escape for me. It gave me the ability to forget about my own problems or stress I was dealing with as I was able to become immersed into someone else's life. I think it really serves as a reminder we are not alone and everyone goes through difficult, hard, and extremely stressful times. Watching this is comforting to me.

I've been binge watching Real Housewives lately and I'm absolutely obsessed. I watched every season of New Jersey last year but now I'm watching Beverly Hills and these women are not PLAYING when it comes to getting dressed! The series is so over the top dramatic and clearly staged in many ways but oh my god it's been so fun watching them all shop and blow hundreds of thousands of dollars on clothes I'm seriously living for it.

Here's my take on Dorit Kemsley's style. She's so chic I absolutely love her.


Shirt: H&M | Shorts: Shein | Sneakers: Nike | Sunglasses: Quay







Popular Posts