The 5 Trends You Need To Try For Fall 2020

It's time to trade in our strappy heels for black patent leather boots. The transition to Fall weather has always been my favorite time of the year but sometimes making that same transition in your closet can be difficult. For us here in the North East dressing for early Fall weather can feel overwhelming at first with some days experiencing a 30 degree jump in temperature within a mere 8 hour span... I wake up in the morning not having a clue what to put on. 50 degrees in the morning then 72 degrees by 12pm and 80 degrees by 5pm when I'm walking home from work?! Oh no no no this is that bipolar weather we all know and hate. Do I throw on a tee shirt and jeans and freeze as I wait for the bus in the morning? Or do I wear a sweater and sweat my face off on my trek back to my apartment? I simply do not have enough time in the morning to contemplate all of this so I decided to make a list of the top 5 trends I think everyone should invest in to make getting ready in the morning as pleasant as a crisp Fall breeze.

Fall color palette magic at the Zara store in SoHo. Which by the way is one of the most beautifully merchandised stores I've ever been in..


Trend 1: The Shacket

By far my favorite Fall trend, a shirt and a jacket all in one?! Sign me up. We all need at least one of these babies in our closet this season. This piece is perfect because you can throw it on over a tee shirt in the morning when its cold and then tie it around your waist like a shirt when you get hot in the afternoon!





Trend 2: The Sweater Vest

Ok I'm so in love with this adorable trend I used to have like 4 sweater vests in high school back when they were in style in like 2009. This piece can actually be really versatile depending on the type of sweater you buy. The chunkier the better in my opinion. Wear over a shirt or even over a long shirt dress you'll look so put together with a sweater vest on even if you just rolled out of bed after hitting snooze on your alarm 4 times.





Trend 3: Black Ankle Boots

There are so many options when it comes to boots for the fall. Length wise I think ankle boots are the most trendy right now and with good reason. With a skirt, dress, or pair of jeans ankle boots will always look amazing. We love super versatile pieces. Here are a couple of my faves.






Trend 4: Leather Leggings

I've been obsessed with my black leather leggings for years now but when I saw brown leather popping up this season I absolutely knew I had to snag a pair. But don't get me wrong there is a huge difference between leather leggings and leather pants. If you're like me (short) I'd stay away from leather pants because if they're too long you can't fold them at the end or get them hemmed. I also hate the fit of leather pants because they just never seem to fit right...But leather leggings are EASY. Make sure you shop boohoo.com in the petite section for if you're 5'3'' or under for that perfect no fold needed length!






Trend 5: Wide Leg Denim

Super trendy super cute I am loving this style for Fall. You can wear these jeans with a shacket, sweater, or just a tee shirt on warm-ish days. I've been seeing this style in every store so there really are endless options but I think a light wash and dark wash are absolute necessities this time of year. Also if you're short: CROPPED denim always!!!  It hits right where it is supposed to no tailor needed. Here's a pair from Express that I think are perfect if you're 5'3" or under!






All these pieces are super versatile and made to be worn with tons of different outfits. Did I leave any big trends out that you are loving right now?! I wanna know, leave a comment below on what you think a Fall wardrobe necessity is.












Popular Posts